Training Course: 18-22 September 2023 | Porkkalan leirikeskus, Finland
Join Eat4Change Train the Trainers workshop for European youth workers. Come learn about the methodology of youth empowerment, active citizenship, and leadership, and deepen understanding for how to get active for climate and sustainable diets.
Eat4Change Train the Trainers – WWF Finland, in the framework of the European Eat4Change program, is organizing a Train the Trainers workshop for European youth workers. Our aim is to spread the methodology of youth empowerment, active citizenship, and leadership, and deepen understanding for how to get active for climate and sustainable diets. Α series of “Train the Trainers” workshops have been designed and organised throughout Europe by inviting representatives from youth organizations to attend a 3 days training with focus on empowering young people to get active for climate protection by embracing more sustainable diets and becoming active citizens for the planet.
So don’t miss the chance to join Eat4Change Train the Trainers (TtT) training and become part of a growing international network of youth workers engaged in climate protection, youth empowerment and active citizenship! Are you interested in sustainable diets and believe that you can implement the training in your team? If yes, please fill this application form by June 25h.
- Duration & Location – The workshop will take place in Porkkalan leirikeskus from Monday the 18th to Friday the 22nd of September. Monday and Friday are traveling days.
- Costs – Costs including accommodation, board and travels (reasonable / most economical travel costs), as well as all learning materials and training costs, will be covered by the Eat4Change project.
- Language – The workshop will be in English.
What can I expect from the training?
- 3 full days of hands-on, interactive training
- Loads of methods, tools and activities that are easily adapted and implemented back home!
- Important background information on the climate crisis, sustainable diets, youth empowerment, active citizenship, behavior change and more
- User-friendly handbook to accompany the training plus lots of bonus information and activities to try out with your youth members.
- Time in nature and opportunities to network with other youth workers and experts!
For whom is the TtT designed? You should join us if you…
- Work with youth directly and/or other youth workers and organizations
- Are looking for expanding your knowledge and experience in empowering youth and supporting active citizenship
- Are looking to incorporate the topics of climate protection and sustainable diets in your repertoire
- Want to be part of a dynamic European network of youth workers and active citizens.
What are the steps to apply?
Ready to apply? Please complete the registration form by June 25th and answer the questions completely so that we can get the best picture of your compatibility. Successful applicants will be notified within 2 weeks and receive additional information about travel arrangements, preparation webinar, and details about arrival/departure, etc.
Who’s behind Eat4Change? 12 WWF offices from around the world and AIESEC, the largest youth-run organization, are partnering in this 4-year EC funded Eat4Change project. “A shift toward more sustainable diets and production practices to contribute to sustainable development goals and climate actions”. How?
- Increasing young people’s awareness of the impacts of diets and of their role as consumers and active citizens
- Encouraging youth to…
- Embrace more sustainable diets
- Influence peers