Deadline: 2 November 2021
Open to: international full-time students from all over the world
The application for the 2022-2023 season is now open !!
Fellowships are offered to high-potential graduate and undergraduate students whose studies relate to concrete. ACI Foundation Fellowships and Scholarships are awarded annually to help students with an interest in concrete achieve their educational and career goals. The student must be considered a full-time undergraduate or graduate student as defined by the college or university during the award year.
The ACI Foundation is a not-for profit organization established by the American Concrete Institute to promote progress, innovation, and collaboration by supporting research and scholarships, while also serving the industry by establishing and distributing fellowships and scholarships to high potential students in concrete-related graduate and undergraduate degree programs.
- Each student is limited for the duration of their studies to receiving no more than one fellowship and one scholarship from the ACI Foundation.
- A single online application form will be used for all the fellowship and scholarship awards. After answering some qualifying questions, the form will automatically display the fellowships and scholarships for which you may be eligible. Please select as many for which you wish to be considered but be sure you read each award requirements. Before beginning the application, have the answers ready for these questions:
- Have you ever received a fellowship or scholarship award from the ACI Foundation?
- When submitting the application, what is your current academic status (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- When the award cycle begins in Fall 2022, what will your academic status be (Undergraduate/Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD)?
- (Fellowship applicants only) If chosen as a finalist, can you attend an interview in person at the spring ACI Concrete Convention on March 27, 2022? Travel, registration, and hotel arrangements will be made through and paid for by the ACI Foundation. All travel will be contingent upon country and state restrictions at that time. If in-person interviews can not occur, the process will be virtual.
- (Fellowships with Mandatory Internships) Can you fulfill a 10- to 12-week internship during the summer of 2022?
- To be eligible for an award, you must be a full-time international student for the entire award/school term (fall semester 2022 through spring semester 2023).
Based on essays, submitted data, and endorsements, the Scholarship Council of the ACI Foundation will select student recipients who appear to have the strongest combination of interest and potential for professional success in the concrete industry.
Fellowship recipients will receive the following:
- $10,000 – $15,000 USD educational stipend for tuition, residence, books, and materials;
- Appropriate recognition in Concrete International magazine and on the Foundation website;
- Paid travel expenses and attendance fees to two ACI conventions (fellowship finalists must attend the Spring ACI Convention to be interviewed where they have the option of being assigned a Convention Guide); and Assistance in finding an industry mentor.
- Fellowships & Scholarships are fully funded.
For more information and to apply, please visit the official website.