Location: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Terms: The position is full-time, 1 year employment contract, pending a six-month probation period.
Application Deadline: 25th July, 2021 at 12:00 P.M.
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise.
OCCRP is looking for an IT Help Desk Assistant to support our growing team. You will be part of our IT Help Desk responsible for providing front line technical support to staff in Sarajevo and abroad, as well as to our wider network of journalists across Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the world.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and willingness to learn. Interest in technology and in providing frictionless customer services are essential. We will provide support and training to get you up to speed. Familiarity with computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products is a plus.
- Research, identify, and procure solutions to software and hardware issues timely and accurately
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues by asking pointed questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk through a series of actions face-to-face, or via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue; share effective workarounds with team members, Analyze and report issues (for example, by testing different scenarios or impersonating users), Ensure all issues are properly logged and completed
- Triage and escalate unresolved issues as appropriate
- Help to develop internal resources and documentation and seek out feedback
- Conduct internal training for new staff
- Either BiH citizenship or the right to reside and work in BiH
- Must live within one hour’s commute from central Sarajevo
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Passion for communicating across cultures and working with people
- Maintaining professionalism and courtesy
- Remaining calm when working in a stressful environment
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- An interest in investigative journalism, news, current affairs and OCCRP’s mission
- Ability to take initiative and multi-task
- Familiarity with computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications and help desk software
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- An understanding of Russian or Spanish
What you get by joining OCCRP
- Opportunity to work with people from around the world and exposure to new cultures
- Chance to grow and learn, and be supported in your career
- Flexible working hours
To apply, please email your CV and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- As this is an entry level role, and many candidates do not have extensive work experience, the cover letter is especially important. We will not consider applications that do not have a comprehensive cover letter.
- All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Whilst we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
- As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and continuously strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact email@example.com.