Deadline: 15 June 2021
Open to: young leaders aged 18 – 30* who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or advancing health education and access
Benefits: Digital access to One Young World Summit 2021, membership and participation in unique sessions
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted all aspects of people’s lives in a way never seen before. In the face of the pandemic, young people have demonstrated their motivation and capacity to meet local and global health challenges. Whether by caring for patients on the frontlines, providing health awareness & education to their communities or supporting vulnerable populations, young leaders have been essential to the world’s response to this unprecedented crisis.
The Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship has been established to recognise the outstanding actions of young people to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on society.
50 scholars will receive digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 – 25 July. In addition, scholars will join the One Young World Ambassador community, a network of 12,000+ changemakers in more than 190 countries.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders aged 18 – 30* who have demonstrated impact in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and/or advancing health education and access. Relevant impact includes:
- Providing healthcare to COVID-19 patients.
- Raising awareness of COVID-19 risks and contributing to community safety.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Digital solutions to enhance access education and access to healthcare.
- Initiatives that combat the secondary impacts of the pandemic e.g. responding to increases in unemployment.
The scholarship welcomes applications from candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including; healthcare practitioners, social entreprenuers, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics and community activists.
In addition to these criteria, successful candidates will demonstrate a willingness to engage with Pfizer professionals.
Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Digital access to the One Young World Summit 2021 from 22 to 25 July 2021.
- Membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with Pfizer executives.
To apply, please fill in the application form.